In this video I will show you how I make basic Ghanaian chicken stew.
I love these kinds of stews because they are very versatile, it can be eaten with rice, but also with potatoes, yam, and even spaghetti or plantain. You can make a allot at once and its quite simple to make!
Download my FREE E-book 👉http://bit.ly/freeebookiak
Ginger (approximately 80g)
1 Scotch bonnet Pepper
2-4 Cloves Garlic
1 -2 Magi cubes
Salt to taste
4 Cups Vegetable Oil (Approximately)
1/4 cup Tomato paste (70 gr.)
1 Tablespoon Powdered Pepper
2 Cans of Tinned (plum) tomatoes
1 Tablespoon Cumin Powder
1 Tablespoon Curry powder
1. Wash and clean the chicken. Blend the Scotch bonnet together with one onion, garlic ginger and a little of water to help with the blending.
2. Add the blended spices to the meat, add magi cubes and or salt to the meat. Cover the pan with its lid and let the chicken cook for about 15 – 20 minutes.
* Instead of using fresh veggies you can use powdered spices to steam the chicken.
3. In another pan heat vegetable oil over medium fire and fry the chicken. Remove the chicken from the pan when you’re done.
4. When you are done frying the chicken you can use the same pan to fry the onions for about 2-3 minutes.
5. Now add the powdered pepper and let it cook for another 1-2 minutes.
6. Now add the tomato paste and mix it with the fried onions
7. While the onions and tomato paste are cooking, blend the tomatoes and then add it to the stew. Let the stew cook for about 7-10 minutes.
8. Add the spices and salt.
9. Let the stew cook for about 5 – 7 minutes then add the fried chicken
10. Let it cook some more, until the water in the tomatoes evaporates and the stew gets a brownish color.
My Filming Gear 🎥
Canon EOS 70D Body ➡️ https://amzn.to/3dduVna
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II SLR Lens ➡️ https://amzn.to/2UcGv9C
Rode NT-USB Microphone ➡️ https://amzn.to/2UlT2re
Rode VideoMic GO Microphone ➡️ https://amzn.to/2Ugqn6V