There were two people in my house growing up, my mom & I. Other than spending time at school, work or with friends, I spent most of my time with my mom. I’ve always loved food so my mom always made sure that we had excellent dining experiences. It didn’t matter if she made it or it was a delicious five-course meal at one of the top restaurants in Houston, we ALWAYS ate good.
Even though picnics were something we did every now and then, they are some of my favorite moments with my mom. We would sit under the umbrella at our table in the backyard and have the best time. It didn’t matter that we were baking in the Texas sun. All that mattered was that we were spending time together in a fun way.
Since we are still supposed to be in quarantine, this is a great time to have backyard picnics, living room picnics or even bedroom picnics. Make new memories and have fun with your family, boo or roommates in a special way.
One of my favorite snacks to prepare for picnic fun is Fruit Pizza. It’s fun for kids and adults will enjoy it as well.
Although fruit pizza is more popular now, I’ve been making it for about twenty years. I’ve perfected it to fit exactly what I like and I’d love to share. This is one you can cater to your own taste. I like to use different types of cookie dough every time I decide to make the recipe so do as you please.
Easy and Delicious Fruit Pizza
You will need:
- A pizza pan or something large enough for all the cookie dough to spread flat
- 1 roll or 16.5 oz of oatmeal cookie dough
- 1 package or 8 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 peeled, sliced kiwi
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1 orange
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Be sure to spray the pizza pan with cooking spray. Take apart the cookie dough and smash it down into the pan. Make sure the dough is evenly spread but not too close to the edge and not too thin. Bake the dough for 13 to 15 minutes.
2. While the cookie is baking, cut up your fruit and try not to eat too much so there will be enough for your snack. Remember, the cookie needs to be cool before you prepare your pizza.
3. Mix the cream cheese with the sugar until its slightly fluffy. Spread the sweet, creamy mixture over cooled cookie and top with the fruit as you desire. Let the cookie chill in the refrigerator or eat is as is. Either way, you’ll be satisfied.
Fun ways to add a little extra to your pizza:
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon
- Drizzle it with sweet condensed milk
- Glaze it with apple jelly
- Top it with chocolate shavings